Speed up your check-in process on the day of the event by pre-registering for the Silent Auction site, 501 Auctions! Below are the step-by-step instructions and screenshots (click each one to enlarge) on how to register and start watching items:
- To begin registering, visit www.501auctions.com/chopsticksandwine
- Click “Register” in the top right-hand corner.
- At the minimum, enter the following information:
- Email: This will only be used to send a receipt at the end of check-out for your records and for occasional updates throughout the night. 501 Auctions will not use your email for advertising or other non-event related purposes.
- First and Last Name: This will help us identify you for your check-out, or if you forgot your mobile phone and need help bidding on the night of the event.
- Cellphone Number: This will be used to send occasional notifications throughout the night (i.e. remaining time reminders, notifications when you’re outbid, etc.).
This also helps the HJCC Staff contact you in case there’s lost and found which can be identified.
- Password: You’ll need a password for your account. The password can be as strong or as weak as you’d like.
- You can either pre-register your credit card or choose to pay at checkout. Just select your preferred option with the drop-down menu.
- Click “Register” on the bottom. You’re done!
- You will still need to visit the Bid Registration on the night of the event to check-in. The process will be much faster!
Now that you’re registered, you can start looking at the available items and add them to your Watch List or bid on them when it opens:
- Search for your preferred item by category or item number (item numbers will be available on the night of the event).
- If you’re interested in the item but don’t want to commit to bid, click “Watch Item” to add it to your “My Items” list. The “My Items” list will be listed on the top of the sidebar menu.
- If you’d like to start placing bids and the blue bid button is available, you can bid the minimum amount (listed in the button).
- We recommend setting a max bid by clicking/tapping “Change Bid Amount or Set a Maximum Bid,” entering a higher number, then selecting “Set as Maximum Bid.” The system will continue to bid for you at the appropriate bid increments until your maximum bid—the system will then notify you if you’ve been outbid past your maximum bid.
- You will be notified if you have been outbid by text if you have provided your cellphone number.
- You do not need to be present to win! If you’re unable to attend Chopsticks & Wine but would still like to bid on items, please feel free to bid!
If you have any questions prior to Chopsticks and Wine, please feel free to call the HJCC Office at (808) 949-5531 and ask for Justin or Mai to help you walk through the process. If you have questions on the day of the event, please feel free to visit any of the Bid Registration volunteers with the laptops or Silent Auction Monitors with the iPads near the Silent Auction tables.